Cliffs Historical Steam Railway (RCHSR) was established in 1992 by a
group of people interested in preserving and operating the steam
locomotive that once hauled coal and briquettes from the Red Cliffs
railway siding to the State Rivers and Water Supply Commission pumping
station on the Murray River. The organisation was incorporated in 1995.
Ride on the a 1.5 km narrow gauge railway re-built
on part of the former Victorian Railways branch line from Red Cliffs to
Morkalla. The principle attraction is the Kerr Stuart steam locomotive
“Lukee” built in 1901 and restored to operating condition after being
in static preservation in Red Cliffs since 1953.
The RCHSR rolling stock consists of “Lukee” and a diesel locomotive “Harry”, passenger cars, wagons, and an inspection car.
operates on the first Sunday in each month (except on days of total
fire ban or extreme heat) and relies entirely on the contributions made
by volunteer workers.